There are some great duct cleaning and furnace servicing companies out there in the greater Vancouver areas.These companies are run with integrity,transparentcy and are motivated to help people by offering the best customer experience ,products and services possible.Unfortunately the duct cleaning side of our HVAC industry is unregulated and as a result there are many companies out there as well that are not in the business to offer a service with integrity,honesty and transparent. They are motivated only by money.
Here are some typical examples you can spot with these companies:
- Advertising whole house for $99 dollars
- Advertising $39.95 plus $7.95 per vent
- they use mail coupons with and do not seem to be present on the internet.
- They do not have a truck or portable duct cleaning negative air machine and do not use compressed air or brushes to clean you vents.
- They shove a vacuum hoes down your heating vents
- They claim that duct cleaning takes under 2 hours to complete.
- Telemarketers calling your home randomly to offer you they’re unbelievable deals on duct cleaning.
There are a number of other obvious and not so obvious scams and such going around. Here are some key questions to ask when looking to hire a duct cleaning company.
- Do they use compressed air or brushes to agitate the dust in you ducts?
- Do they have a negative air machine either portable or truck mount to recover the dust and debris from your ducts?
- Are they a member of one or more of the following associations or review sites?
- how long does the cleaning take? on a a home 2500 Sq Ft and under it should take no less then 2 1/2 hrs and that is for a very start forward and efficient process cleaning.
- National Air Duct Cleaning Association
or some other reputable review site or association that holds there members accountable.
Checkout our services page for more info on proper methods and equipment to clean your homes heating and or cooling ducts.
Please feel free to call 604-220-3015 if you have any questions about proper duct cleaning methods, equipment and pricing.